SEMI-FINALS - Fakser Vs. CHINMACHINE

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best?

PLEASE NOTE - The poll attached to this thread is just for fun. The winner is decided solely by the judging panel in this round. Open discussion is allowed in this thread and please feel free to vote! A playlist of the videos is HERE. All competitors can set their videos to "public" on YouTube now.

Fakser: -

Vs.

CHINMACHINE: -

yeah thats a crazy high standard. Its super close. Fakser has great variety in his click combos and tears and i like that he slowed things down to catch the funk. Chinmachine combo's and tears well too (the ones at the beggining..OMG) and also showed a few different techniques in his vid. Chin takes it in this battle context for the extra variety displayed.

This battle has been great for learning about flow and the difference between good flow and great flow. When the battles are this close you really start to notice the little things. Lots to take away and bite think about for making my cuts better.

OMFG. Crazy shit. Those ahh cuts from chin...my fucking gaaawd! But the funk from Fakser....crazy. I can't make the call. Maybe Fakser because he was a bit more varied with samples, drumming and stuff...I don't know. Crazy.

Dammm... I don't know on this one. To me it's almost more funky vs more technical but both excel all around. I liked Fakser's style when he slowed it down so I'll throw a vote that way.

It's super close. It'd be a shame if Chin wins this on tazers alone lol. Great energy from Chin... but for me, Fakser's control, variation and originality put him in front.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

ah shit, i couldn't call this one. absolutely loved that fakser started with the drums - nuff props for that - and his patterns and flow = excellent. chinmachine came in absolutely blazing and kept it up at that level all the way through. i guessed i'd say chin just edged it, but sooooooo close. these battles are absolutely insane! huge props to all