DV/DJ-TECH SCRATCH BATTLE RULES AND INFO

lol, enter anyway man! I have no idea how many entries we'll get or what the standard will be. It's worth a shot considering in round 1 you just have to cut for a minute. Entering means you get to take part in the peer judging too.

Round 1 videos will be posted up some time on Friday 13th. It will work like this: -

There'll be a thread where all the videos are posted. They'll be posted up in the order they were received. Anyone will be able to comment in that thread and choose their favourite vids, discuss the entries etc. Once that thread goes up, you can change the privacy setting on your videos to public if you like, then you can post the videos up on Facebook etc. if you want to.

Then there'll be another thread for voting where the competitors and judges get to pick their top 8 videos, ranked in order. I'm not sure how long I'm going to leave that thread open yet - it will depend on how many entries we get, but I'll give everyone plenty of time to vote. I've already got one entry from someone who isn't a DV member, so I'm not going to force competitors to sign up in order to vote, although it would be better if you do. If you don't want to sign up, you can email me a list of your top 8 and I'll post it in the thread for you. All votes will be public.

Once the voting deadline is up, the voting thread will be locked, I'll total up the scores, then we'll have our top 8. I'll post up the top 8 videos in a new thread and contact each of the competitors by PM/email. I'm going to ask each of the top 8 DJs to give me a bit of feedback on how long they think they need to record their round 2 video, because if all 8 DJs agree that a week is enough, for example, we'll go with a week - I don't want the battle to drag on unnecessarily, but I will make sure that all of the DJs are happy with the deadlines. Once that's sorted, the beat and 1 Vs. 1 match-ups for round 2 will be posted up (and PMed/emailed to each competitor), then the next round will begin.

It would be really handy if everyone could stick to using YouTube for this. I am going to create a YouTube playlist that people can view/share, and also it can be used if DV goes down, so it makes it easy to see all of the entries listed in one place. Obviously if you have to use Vimeo, that's OK, but please only do that if you can't use YouTube for some reason. If you are banned from YouTube, perhaps I could upload your video to YouTube on my account or something - PM me if you have issues anyway.

Cheers!

Hey Fakser. The battle is open to everyone, not just existing DV members, so yeah - you're all good for entering!

All you need to do is upload your video, making sure you follow the rules in the first post, then either PM or email me the link and you're all set.

Welcome to the forum man!

Hey Fakser. The battle is open to everyone, not just existing DV members, so yeah - you're all good for entering!

All you need to do is upload your video, making sure you follow the rules in the first post, then either PM or email me the link and you're all set.

Welcome to the forum man!

Thank you so much, Steve.

I'll upload my video following all the rules described in the first post.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone. :)

I'm considering entering this. just to maybe embarrass myself into actually practising.

I'm just wondering if i can pull off enough decent cuts for the entry... by "up to 60 seconds" you mean from zero upwards right?? that, maybe i can manage.