What's your longest Dj set?

ericuk

14 hours in Churston woods outside Brixham UK (Free Beach party) every single DJ who said they would play didn't turn up, and unluckily for me 100 heads did and they all wanted to dance until their shit had worn off, my back has never been the same since, and it was the first time i got arthritis in my hands (Due to the middle of the night cold) only breaks i had were to take a piss, all done on a Stanton SCS4DJ.

It sounds a lot but i regularly used to do 12 hour sets at beach parties.

Three months ago did 10 hours at Hidden Retreats festival and decided i wont be going over 8 hours from now on, my body is too old to do it anymore.

I used to DJ from 8 or 9 until 5am twice a week in a bar in Buenos Aires.

Just played one of my best mates weddings, and the band were late and didn't have time to soundcheck. As a groomsman i was being the compere between all the speeches. Just as i introduced the band, the drummer signaled that there was something wrong.

So i jumped up and started playing at 9pm. They couldn't get their sound working properly at all, so I played until 2:30 up in the main venue, and then until 6am back down in the Hotel residents bar. Then I played the 2nd night from 830 till 3am.

I'm killing it at the weddings these days.

Also played a party in the countryside outside buenos aires from 11pm till 10am.

There was a fucking bubble machine near me and i reckon it fucked up one of the platters on my Pioneer Controller.

Its funny when i'm playing that long and boozing heavily, as i obviously was at my mates wedding, I dont feel that drunk when i'm playin, but when i'm finished and i'm not concentrating on anything anymore, I feel mad shitfaced instantly.

Fuck guys that's mental. To be fair, it wasn't that bad in the end last night. It was my 4th gig in a row, so I think that was a big factor in feeling shattered, but I don't fancy a mega beach rave or a super long wedding any time soon! :)

Fuck guys that's mental. To be fair, it wasn't that bad in the end last night. It was my 4th gig in a row, so I think that was a big factor in feeling shattered, but I don't fancy a mega beach rave or a super long wedding any time soon! :)

Beach parties are way easier than most though, its laid back, if you play something twice, no foul, if you drop a beat, everybody is shitfaced anyway...my spine just says no now though

I'd find even a 4 hour set on my own a bit much these days... unless the job came with a stool perhaps?

Even when I was young, relevant and playing gigs, I played most of them with Paul. We both felt that halving the aggravation and having somebody to do the shit bits with was worth the splitting of the money.

If I'm playing house/techno/disco to a heavily drug influenced crowd then playing long sets are great. I love them.

But if it's bar gigs or hip hop, funk, etc. Then I never want to play more than 2 or 3 hours. The crowds are are way less interesting and you have to play hits/bangers to keep their attention. I have no interest in playing 8 hours of bangers.

• 2 weeks later...