D-Styles and Ricci Rucker custom PDX2300 deck

Did these actually ever get released, or did they morph into the ones with the s shaped tone arm? Even those seem rare

http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage.php?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=202

Also wish someone would re upload the video of D & the Rack in Japan cutting up on them, can't remember who originally posted it up on youtube (might have been on the skratchworx channel) but it was nasty!!!

I don't think these ever came out, but instead turned into the Controller 1. There was a lot of talk about all this on the message boards, asisphonics and d-styles' site. I think this was just some crazy mock up. The foot pedal never materialized but they added buttons to the table, etc. and out came the C1.

If you look at the comments they help break it down

On December 28, 2004, Woody said this:
this ad is just some dodgy bogus marketing, don't get all excited just yet this isn't the turntable.
I was out in Japan recently also to discuss ideas for the proposed product, can't say anything but it will kick ass. Gizmo give me a shout n ill can fill you in a little, not too much though yet! haha peaz Woody

And this reminds me of why I hoart the Ruck.

On December 29, 2004, Mike Reezy said this:
Thought this was relevant

quote by Ricci Rucker - excerpt from http://www.asisphonics.net/pdxvrs1200.html

'A new era of design'

"Since scratching is becoming very musical, utilizing the pitch control as a precise feature, and not just for "sound effects" is a must. I had an idea for a musical scale turntable. Now this scale would be based on records made where tones would be all made and based from flat C note tones. You could have C note tone records, and maybe every 2 minutes on the record, the octave could change. You could even have 6 octaves per side. The turntable, instead of having number markings, would have note markings. Starting from A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Then you could even have multiple buttons, such as a sharp button, a flat button, a major button, a minor button, and even an octave button (although the octave changes could be done on wax, since an octave change is a substantial increase in speed, and after so many increases, the turntable would be close to uncontrollable). The way to design a table like this would be to make a record with every note in traditional music theory (A-G, flats, sharps, etc..) and then calculate the pitch different between each one compared to a flat C. With those results, you would then apply the pitch change difference between the notes that would go on the turntable pitch slider. Essentially, what would usually be labeled as "Zero" would be a C. That is pretty much the formula to accomplish a table like this.

Do it however it's possible, because unlike the number pitch system, in some cases, the "zero" pitch, could be an inch away from what would be the "8+" pitch (in cases of sharp notes). We are thinking in notes now, not numbers. To take it even one step further, you could make sure that the table would have 2 modes. One mode that makes note pitch shifts, then another mode which changes the turntable back into the original format, which is the number format. The table would have to be digital. This makes turntable orchestras possible, and pretty much bridges the gap between experimental and traditional music. Of course this isn't specific, but the general formula is to find the precise pitch differences between the notes and pitch changes on the table, and program the differences of pitch changes to a sliding mechanism. Make sure that each note has a click lock quartz setting (like the click lock when you set your table on zero on a tech) From there, the standard for tonally produced records would be to make them in a C note, and the C's would change accordingly to the note you select. So if you changed the slider to an F, it would be an F. If you wanted to change it to a sharp E, you would click the "sharp" button, and the pitch sliding scale would turn to sharp notes, and you could choose whatever note you wanted.

It's definitely revolutionary, and you heard it hear first. I would keep a lot of ideas downlow, but I'm not trying to market anything, I'm just trying to expand the music. If you have the means to develop this table, do it, it will change scratch music forever, I promise that. It will also allow scratch musicians to apply traditional music theory to their present styles. It might even develop a whole world of traditional music theory based artists that use untraditional mediums (turntables) which is not really my cup of tea, although, good music is good music, no matter how it's made. I know I have searched for certain notes to apply to my scratch music, and sometimes you just can't find that note. With this turntable, and specially made records, you could. You would even have the ability to compose classical music, multi track style, or with a group. It's always good to have the ability to flip a tone manually, power off, with your hand, but it's also to be able to have an detailed turntable INSTRUMENT designed to play the notes you desire. This technically is actually a pretty easy turntable to design, so I encourage any manufacture that wants to design this, to do it justice. Don't make it cheesy, make it solid, put money into it. Cause if it's wack, I'm clowning. If I had 10% of the money these major corps have, I'd be killing it now. But I don't, so I'm making SOME of my ideas public on this site."