Cutting Heads 2nd Birthday Party

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

cutheadz.jpg

What i done last weekend

by

Phulup Thursdhey

I had the awesome pleasure of going to Cork and bro-ing out with my homeslice Itchi (the Irish one) and Ed on Friday having cuts at his and getting so smash i couldn't think words.

The even biggerer treat was on Saturday where the dudes on that poster all played at a nice pub called the Poor Relation.

Everyone pretty much smashed it. There was two really nice hip hop bands Clerk 5 who i knew were boss and Elixir feat Waking Andriod and DBMCs who we real great and i'd not heard of. They did really nice J5 type rhyming between the 5 mcs and had really nice beats and cuts. They'd only been doing it a short time and hadnt even had much time to practice together which made it more impressive.

And Paul fooking smashed out a rude as hour long set with his beats and a couple of mixes and was brilliant, really got everyone hyped. Then Lewis James smashed the fuck as usual and then Ted demolished the place. I got so smashed i couldn't think words. Also my phone decided it was an hour earlier all day so i was highly confused all day and went to bed at ten to 5 and woke up at one by accident.

Then on Sunday everyone had a much more chilled day as the Cutting heads bods did some nice mixes with cuts over at some pub i can't remember.

Then i went home and felt like i'd brought the ruckus to my brains through mind abuse.

All in all it was really great and Cork was lovely (though pricey) like a mini CSG. I recommend everyone try and make this next time so we have another rad weekend we can go to. Come on everyone, do it!

* One star! (on a scale of -100 to 1)

Edit: I've put this in the wrong place can you move it to events and gigs someone who can do stuff, probably not Matt i expect.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

Man i bummed i missed it. Killer line up and the vibes in cork are great especially among these guys who run the town!

Last year was great but this year looked even greater! Massive love to the cuttin heads crew.

I saw a vid of ted closing with whitney houston- the genius of the guy! Would never expect it yet it seemed perfect

Here you go Joe -

https://www.facebook.com/cuttinheadscollective/videos/1040375106086974/

Basically everything Phill said, savagely good weekend, proper session for the heads and made me super hungry for next years CSG to come sooner rather than later.

From a performer point of view this show rounded off an incredible year of being active on the turntablist gigs thang, started off with a 22min set for CSG back in easter and worked my set time up to a whole hour of back to back routines for the Cuttin Heads bday bash, the Scratchblast Tour has definitely helped me in regards for doing intensive routines for longer periods. A whole hour set of everything I've done over the last 3 years was a fucking stretch tho, it's what Ive been working towards but for new ish Im gonna be working on making my live sets less intense to perform.

But yeah back to thread topic.... Cuttin Heads crew no the score, definitely gonna go back for a yearly repeat of that lovely madness

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, that clip is dope. Classic Ted.

One hour of straight technical routines though? Damn. Rather you than me :)

Lewis J played after me and the first thing I said to him when swapping over is "fuck doing that again!" The amount of focus needed to do that set really sucked the fun out of performing live, I was proper conscious of how static I was on stage. Got a few angles Im considering for next years stuff, jus gotta keep the right amount of live play while keeping it simple without loosing what people like about my approach.