Life Is Strange (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

Steve

I know I'm LTTP, but have any of you played this?

It's really good IMO. It's basically an episodic adventure game where the decisions you make affect what happens in the future, except you have the ability to rewind time, which allows you to both change your decisions and learn information and then rewind time to take advantage of that. It didn't take long for it to get its hooks into me.

If you have a PS4 and a PS+ subscription, it's one of the free games for June. If you're playing on PC or Xbox One, the first episode is free, then you have to pay for the other 4, although it's cheap.

Yeah I saw this mentioned somewhere else and added it to my queue of things to do. However, Zelda has jumped to the top of the queue so it's going to be years before I play anything else, given my current rate of progress.

• 2 years later...

I finished Episode 1, as I couldn't believe Steve could be more emo than me. I'll admit it's hooked me enough to carry on. It's a weird thing, and I keep thinking I'd be better off reading a book but there's enough plot development to carry it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well with my glacial rate of game playing I finished episode 5 of the first series. It was sort of weird and annoying in places, and the gaming side of it is so minimal - but it was a different and interesting experience overall. A quick Google suggests people got over-involved in the plot a bit. It did make me think I was born to be a teenage girl and perhaps I should have a sex change. I always seem to enjoy games playing as women so perhaps it is my destiny.

• Like 1

I played a bit of the prequel, but I ended up getting side-tracked by other games, so I can't really comment on that or the sequel.

I have played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, which is from the same developer, and it's really good IMO. It's free and it's only a single episode. The choices you make in it affect the story in Life is Strange 2, should you ever get around to playing that.

I'd also strongly recommend What Remains of Edith Finch, cos if you liked Life is Strange, you will definitely like that.