DV Winter 2013 7 7"s battle

doppelkorn

RULES

1. You must make a mixtape using ONLY seven (7) 7" records.

2. The mixtape may contain no content from other sources.

3. When submitting your mix you must also submit a photo of yourself holding all seven records

4. The deadline is 23:59 GMT on 28th February 2013.

5. You can manipulate the music in any way you wish, provided the original source sounds come from the seven 7" records you own and are photographed with.

6. No DVS.

7. BE CREATIVE!!

PRIZE

Each entrant will "bet" one item. The winner (as voted for by DV users) will win all the items bet by the other contestants. The items may be anything you like but don't bet complete shite. Nor should you bet something you're not prepared to lose.

Entries and stakes

Symatic: 12" picture disc of PUMP ME UP by GrandMaster Flash and Melle Mel

mattnice: 2 copies of Theme to Cleopatra Jones 7" by Joe Simon

waxdestroyer: 7inch single of Malcolm McLaren "Buffalo Gals" actually used in this mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HWMKxo-YAQ&feature=player_embedded

DJ Adam "Wax On" Gow: His anal virgintiy

http://soundcloud.com/djwaxon/dvfebmix

DJ Rock Well: 'Rick James in a loin cloth' picture disc

http://official.fm/tracks/prVO

doppelkorn: Mariah Caey Fantasy 12" with all the remixes on

Will we be judged on just the quality of the music on the 7's, or mixing skills as well?

Apart from the pain in the arse it is mixing 45s, nearly all the music I have on 7" I never want to be heard mixed, ever. It would be vulgar, distasteful and disrespectful to my musical heroes.

Except its all too much for Jimmy, now Paul's built me up I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. I mean it's only 7 records... should it be my favourite 7 records? Or the 7 records I think everyone else will like the most? Should all 7 compliment each other? Should I stick to just one genre? Should I attempt to take the listener on a 7 step journey? Can I use my 7" flexi-disc of Terry Wogan advertising Playtex bras?.. Would my 1957 7" EP called "The Chocolate-coloured Coon" be deemed too offensive in such battles?

You're supposed to be DJs!!

Just make a good mix using any 7" records. Here's a novel idea in the DJ game: be creative!!!

The winner is decided by popular vote by the way, not a judging panel.

Also @Broke: care to back up your snide little comment with a more informed opinion? Are you saying no decent music was ever released on 7"?

and recording them into the computer to use in a dvs?

In principle I'm against this idea but seeing as I'm allowing looping then why not?

Eh? You'll be allowing multi tracking next!

Yes.

Guest Symatic

Might as well get things started.

Serato? really? Sheeeeeit

By the way, the random green splodge at the beginning is the first page to the read along comic that came with the He Man record. It has all the stuff he says written in it but its blurrey as fuck in the video - sorry.

Oh and i havent figured out a prize yet... Was thinking this Vintage* Cherry Flavoured Jello (*best before 2010) might be a stingy prize, but if a serato entry wins thats what i'll be sending!

• Like 1