I done an compilation/edit of Community Skratch Games XI

Quite pleased how this turned out, especially chuffed Jimmy Penguin stuck it on the CSG YT channel :)

From an internet friendly/accessible perspective I normally go in to making these with the mindset of keep it as short as pos but the footage dictated longer.

After watching it a few times (pre upload) with non dj mates the feedback went along the lines of "that went really quickly" & "we're coming to Ireland for next years CSG". So with that in mind Im definitely considering a longer edit in the future.

Heres last years effort if you haven't seen it yet, went for a diary approach due to limited iPhone memory.

Also gotta add it was mad fun playing at the event thats been a source of so much inspiration over the years, the support/reaction from the immense Bierhaus crowd was nuts :)
  • Like 2

Dope vids and immense performances paul! Bossmode

Cheers Sy! definitely getting a lot less shit in me pants scary doing the live stuff, I actually fluffed a fair few parts on the night and managed to style it out with a bit of improv on a couple of the routines, the IDA worlds experience has definitely been helpful with the on stage pressure thing.

Guest Symatic

Yeah styling out is def one if the most valuable skills.... like whats the point in doing a performance that can ONLY go one way and if it doesnt you have to start over...

Kentaros winningdmc set has some style outs i never noticed till i watched back a few times... it kinda makes it better

that can ONLY go one way and if it doesnt you have to start over...

Thats what kinda scares me about using edits vs triggering samples in RMX decks, it seems like you wouldn't have much freedom with a left deck - right deck audio files scenario but my experience with edits is minimal. Definitely pros and cons for either approach but having a bit more freestyle in my routines is something I wanna work towards.

Ill have check out Kentaro's DMC now you mention it :)

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Really dope footage, everyone was killing it. Also really well put together Dubba, seems every video you edit together gets better and better :) Got to make CSG one year.

• Like 1