Dilated peoples

sqratchsac

Bit of a heads up
dilated peoples will be playing @
the duke of cumberland
Whitstable

Date to be confirmed ( around 9th of july) a saturday i think but will update when ive spoke ,

UPDATE

krs one is now booked and confirmed at the dukes whitstable

date tbc (after Dilated)

Ticketed event as usual

Edited by sqratchsac
  • Like 2

Remember seeing them at Scala around '99 or '00 - Thought I was a big fan; Iriscience was in the bar and I started talking to him, saying how much I liked Babu's cuts on Work the Angles to which he promptly corrected me that it was Revolution and not Babu...the conversation got a bit more awkward from there and I think we went separate ways! Hope I didn't pronounce his name wrong, that really gets his goat...

Jokes aside, got a lot of time for them of course and whilst I don't follow too much what they do anymore (do they still put out new stuff as a crew or just solo stuff now?) you always knew what you were getting from them...I can't speak much for more recent times but bar This Way with Kanye they def didn't disappoint!

Sounds like it'll be a great gig!

To be fair to you, Babu did re-do Rev's cuts, like for like on Re-Work The Angles.

haha! that's interesting as I had the remix on 12 before I ever found the original, if only I knew then what I know now......;-)

Yep bought the work the angles 12" when it first dropped in.. was it 1999 ? seems such a long time ago now ,great band though ive not listened to anything by them since The Platform lp was out,..or maybe it was the Expansion Team lp possibly

• Like 1

Yep bought the work the angles 12" when it first dropped in.. was it 1999 ? y

97 I think, or early 98. Tony Vegas had a routine with it at UK DMC 98.

Whoa Mike, I didnt realise it was 97,no wonder it seems so long ago ..I met my wife in 98 in fact we've just got our 18th anniversary coming up next month..

• Like 1

i kept following them throughout the years, to an extent, the platform and expansion team where the best for me, ev done a lot of solo work, such a dope fella and the step bro's with alan alc is also dope... love alot of the indie west coast sheeit ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

------------------------------------------------

Dilated peoples - dj babu

Saturday 9th july

The duke of cumberland pub and music venue

£20

doors open 8:30

Support by Sqratchsac spencer aka djSuspence

----------------------------------------------------------------

Krs one - dj predator prime

Sunday 3rd july