Ordering from Discogs sellers in Italy

joeClockwork

It seems to be related to the high number of parcels that get "lost" in the post there.

It's hard to tell if it really is a huge problem, or if it's one of those cases where people have read posts from other users who've had issues and decided to pre-emptively block Italian buyers just cos they don't want any hassle.

• Like 1

Yeah, what Steve said.

Certain countries definitely have higher rates of lost parcels than others. Italy certainly has a reputation for it, although I've never had any great problems there.

Some sellers are so uptight they blacklist countries as soon as they lose a couple of parcels to any given location... Brexiters probably :d There are some countries I don't send more valuable items to unsigned for, admittedly. Overall though, a small percentage of lost parcels is just part of the cost of doing business IMO. We'd lose more money by not sending to certain locations than we ever do in missing parcels.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just send it signed for and you're covered on all bases.

I guess it all depends on the service used and the specific carriers.

At the VF (and we send feck loads of parcels) we use air-mail as a basic international service (a subsidiary of R.Mail's surface mail - no tracking, signature or insurance), we had to remove the service from many countries after we got loads of reports of damage and or loss.
Belgium, Netherlands, South America, Russia were the biggest culprets. This said, I reckon a signed for to these will be fine.