BADLY TIMED IMPROVISE WISELY BATTLE!

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

YO!

so over at Cut & Paste we thought it would be a good idea to do a beat battle where the only rule was to use our latest instrumental release from Redmist - Improvise Wisely - as a sample source.

as it happened a bunch of dope battles sprung up at the same time and we just kinda dropped it in the background cos there was no better time to do it.

I've been holding off promoing it too hard on here cos of the lordly status of the current DV battle Rockwell is hosting, but now the beats bit is out of the way, and eveyones creative vibe is clearly buzzing, heres the psoter, and you've only got a few days to knock something together hahaha

if anyone is super desperate for atime extension hit me up ill see what i can do

but basically, only rule is use Improvise Wisely - buy it, rip it off a mate borrow a copy or whatever, but other than that you can use any sampler, turntable, DAW or whatever to make a beat/musical soundscape/noise mess.....

whoever manages to make us go "whoooooaaaa thats sick duuuude" will win a bunch of dope shit

happy beat molesting!

7Pdpjss.jpg

• Like 3

Hehe-Im actually scared to turn my mini disc player off at the mo so i've got to keep the power on standby otherwise the machine's erasing the last thing I record on it.

All my demos I've been working on are on there so I should stop being a dick and grab another MD player sharpish.

Hopefully Santa's gonna be nice this year and bring me a CD-R deck as well as the slippers.

Neat idea for the battle btw Sy,

friendly neighbourhood scratch ninjas everywhere should be jumping all over this one and I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with.

• Like 1

Yeam man. Seriously tho, I don't have the record yet and no audio interface anyways to record snips so if anyone has a digital version hook me up... I guess i could try a live loop thing.... wonder how quick I could get the rec tho... hmmmm

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I saw this on FB a couple of days ago but because of me slackly assuming I'd pick up the record at the last SSS, then not being able to make it, I still don't own a copy!!! I know, I'm a moron

QOHUMD6.jpg

Halfway through something to submit, hoping I get time to finish and enter Sy

• Like 1

megadj could probably get it to you quick time

Strangely enough it was $14 cheaper and only a day difference in shipping to get it from Juno.

Guest Symatic

megadj could probably get it to you quick time

Strangely enough it was $14 cheaper and only a day difference in shipping to get it from Juno.

'murrca