DV Only record I could find/Matata Beat Battle - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner!

• Symatic
    • Pete Sasqwax
    • Rock Well
    • Flexinoodle
    • Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Somebody hold me

oooh alright then darlin' if you insist.. :o

okie dokie then lets vote !

I liked all the tracks from everyone for this battle.. some cool stuff all round here in my opinion

I went for Petes track as my choice

it was like a moody 1960s TV spy thriller vibe or something and i thought the drums were the icing on the cake combined with those tense sounding atmospherics..

it actually reminded me of the film composer Roy Budd at times..top stuff !

cool battle yet again guys and looking forward to the next one

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Somebody hold me, I don't want to get swept away in the rush ;)

We can re-enact the scene from titanic if you want to mate :wub:

I would vote but I can't make my mind up :p

• Like 3

Somebody hold me, I don't want to get swept away in the rush ;)

We can re-enact the scene from titanic if you want to mate :wub:

Hahahaha...i'd actually pay good money to watch that..

On second thoughts, maybe not...

Damn seriously missed indeed, now I know why you brought your copy of Bill Medley "I had The Time Of My life" with you :((

• Like 1

A seriously missed opportunity last Sunday! :@@

Damn seriously missed indeed, now I know why you brought your copy of Bill Medley "I had The Time Of My life" with you :((

This is becoming seriously weird but also slightly enjoyable at the same time

A seriously missed opportunity last Sunday! :@@

This is becoming seriously weird but also slightly enjoyable at the same time

And this is before you've seen the boss Christmas jumper Mark was wearing on Sunday... it would totally add another dimension to our Titanic tribute that you couldn't even imagine in your wildest dreams :d

It would of been a totally Oscar award wining performance to be honest, there wouldn't of been a dry eye in the building :d

• Like 1

Right lets get down to business before Rocky blows a major gasket (No not at the thought of our epic titanic re-enactment :wub: ) I mean before he starts issuing warning points and threats left, right and centre at the lack of voting ;)

Sy - Oh man what a really cool flip, I'm really digging the dub reggae feeling on this one :) Love the glitchy, raw distortion that you achieved by using a free guitar pedal app and its nuts that this was made on your phone at the airport, overall its a really dope beat mate.

Pete - Really dope mate, real head nodded that has got that typical Pete is coming to smash your teeth in with a baseball bat feel to it, definitely should belong on a horror OST or one of them Crime & Investigation network programmes about serial killer as the backing track. Really nice job on the flip!

Rock Well - Really nice job mate, I'm loving the minimal approach to this flip :) The only thing that's missing and would of made it a killer track is a 90s jazzy hip hop style bassline mate ;) But the minimal approach on this makes this a funky but super cool beat to cut up over. Wicked job mate

Flex - Coming heavy with a badman glitchy hip hop vibe again, really digging the flip on this mate :) It's nice and dope but it's just a shame you couldn't be arsed to finish it as this could of been something special mate. Get on and finish it ;)

Psych - Boo! You call that a beat smh (Ban him :d )

Everyone came heavy with the dopeness and deserved a vote but my vote has to go to Symatic :8

Congrats!

• Like 3

Guest Symatic

sorry i have not had good internet recently so havent been on till now.
dope battle dudes, and again, thanks rock for the album its really sick.

i voted for pete (again!) cos it was dirty, full of dope drumm fills and just made my head go wobbly

2nd was rock well, really nice vibes, great production and sample choices

3rd waspsych - also liked the dirt, the 90's hip hop vibe, and the weird swahili vocal intro

4th was flexi - dope sounds and production, could have done with being chopped/varied more into the elusive "finished" status.

great round!

• Like 2

Si - I know you said you were interested in this record but there were no affordable copies out there... Well, I've just been speaking to my mate who does re-issues and I think I've just persuaded him to do a re-issue of this! He was already looking into doing their first album... and I've just pointed out that this second album is better and more valuable/sought after. Hopefully I can wangle a couple of freebies into the bargain too ;)

• Like 1

Holy shit. Yall are damn jerks making me pick someone. Literally every entry is a winner. IDK if I can pick.... uuuuuggghhhh. Damnit.

Sy - man, I don't even like these type of "dirtstyle" beats but I fucking LOVE this. It's so raw and rich. Fucking banging.

Pete - you got just such classic production man. It's really great. A dope vibe piece.

Rock - Dude... duuuuude. Funky and then those flips. Just evolving and evolving. I love music that hearkens to beatjuggling sensibilities. It's really great.

flex - this is just such a fun tune. It reminds me of the Dust Brothers and Aphex Twin. I really love that weird little wormy horn sample. Super cool.

Psy - No doubt. LSD on a booming system hits it on the head. At first I was like oh this is kinda repetitive then it just bored into my head and I started hearing all the little intricate audio easter eggs weaving in and out. Really a delight to listen to and I'd love to hear it on a big stereo. Like some Pink Floyd mind fuckkery.

• Like 1

All great fellas, I love how every time it cones down to a serious listen and tough choices.

For me, Pete has just edged it this time. On my initial listen, Si's pure dirt, 100% screw face nastiness looked to be taking it. But eventually the digital clipping got to me a bit and although Pete's started out tamer, when it switches up in the middle it just gets me every time.

• Like 1

Im gonna have to try and make some tracks from the Matata and Goblin records this weekend seeing as i missed the last couple of battles and ive got the sp404 back at home now... i'll post them up in the members audio section in a few days time if i can come up with anything decent from them

Guest Symatic

But eventually the digital clipping got to me a bit

WHAT DIGITAL CLIPPING?????????

ive got the sp404 back at home now...

awwwwwwwwjeeeeahhhh

• Like 1