Old salty ass DJ rants about Millenial DJs not being funky....

Acts_One

The resumé of today

The funk is strong in Rob Brolic Arm Swift

The Ruck will be remembered as the sausage-finger-having giant Scratch-Teddybear with a gluten-allergie, a Donald trump like online-persona-approach and a lot of Bontempi-like-sounding ANALogue synths....oh and he singlehandly developped the Controller One for Vestax

• Like 1

Funky this..funky that.

It gets on my tits the way the word gets applied to any old bollocks..take 'Funky House', (please)-thats a contradiction in terms if ever ive heard one. House music is not Funky at all, its just non funky garbage..so fuck off and take your 'funky' glow sticks with you too you morons.

And what the hell is a 'Funky' scratch supposed to be -can someone actually show me the definition of one ?

What a load of old nonsense.. it really does go to show that some people truly have nothing worthwhile to say but will still insist on saying it anyway.

Some people use the word 'funky' too loosely.

• Like 1

Reaction from Rob Swift at his FBpage:

Society at large has created two breeds of men, a Nobodi and the Somebody.

As a result of their unimportance, a Nobodi will always seek the attention of the Somebody. For no other reason than to obtain the qualities the Somebody possesses. Confidence, Poise and Heart are some of the most desired traits sought after on behalf of a Nobodi. These same qualities are intrinsic to the Somebody. The Somebody knows before he can attract the recognition, admiration and respect of others, he must first cultivate them within himself. And so when the Somebody speaks or voices an opinion, he does so without the approval of anyone who's listening. Why would he? He's self assured in his truth. A Nobodi isn't. A Nobodi's truth is the truth of those outside of himself. And so it's typical for a Nobodi to experience bouts with anger, frustration and depression that are in turn displaced on the very Somebody they strive to be.

What's more, a Nobodi doesn't have many female friends and in some cases will threaten women (*respect DJ Lady Styles) as a means of bolstering his false sense of "inner strength". A Nobodi also resorts to social media gossip and other forms of cyber passive aggressive behavior due in part to his scarce social skills. The Somebody demonstrates empathy towards a Nobodi and does what he can, within reason, to help a Nobodi discover himself.

Nobodi da vinylist, I trust my response to your "Rob Swift Diss" will help you succeed in accomplishing your goal of wracking up more facebook "LIKES" and youtube views. Although I've never mentioned your name in any of my posts regarding the ways I personally feel DJs can progress in their craft. Although you're never a thought in my mind, if I may be candid, I forgot you existed. I'm more than happy to tag you on my page. I can say, without any fear of error, the light I'm shining on you is just what you need to reach the desired 15 minutes of fame you seek.

#HelpOthersWheneverPossible

And the video Rob posted with it https://www.facebook.com/djrobswift/videos/1339631996096419/

robski kind of stuck in the 90s i guess?

No, unfortunately he's just stuck up his own arse..

The dudes a fucking joke ,a proper musical clown...he drones on and on about 'The Funk' but like so many people who try and attach that term to just about anything that has a slight groove to it he falls dissapointingly short when it comes to his own endevours at trying to be 'funky'...

FLOL...does he even play any actual instruments ?

What this tool needs to do is take a course in music theory and learn something usefull like a few musical scales and the Pythagorean comma and go and watch some Leonard Bernstein lectures.

Maybe then he might actually have something relevant to say.

• Like 2

Man Rob swift is not that swift anymore.

I liked his old mixtapes back in the day. Even tho his cuts were not that great back then. Compared to like Babu's Comprehension & Melo d's Turnfable in which which they killed it on the cuts.

I feel like Rob is just a bitter old guy mad at how all the new generation of djs can evolve and pick up on technical scratching quicker.

I kinda lost respect for him from looking at all his online rants and so called knowledge dropping

• Like 2

He's actually worse than the most uptight Jazz snobs I've met as collectors of the records and others who I've played music with over the years..the kind of people who say its got to be traditional or it isnt 'real jazz' ..who gives a fuck anyway ? .and to which I reply that those jazz musicians who invented this shit had the funk hardwired into their souls ,minds and bodies a long time before you were around to be considered any type of authority on the subject...

Then I'd proceed to play em' under the table lol..

Anyway I digress.. :((

When its all over Rob Swift wont even be considered as a tiny footnote in the history of recorded music because he basically will have spent his whole musical life standing on the shoulders of giants.

Maybe he's all too acutely aware of that fact and thats what his underlying problem really is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of their unimportance, a Nobodi will always seek the attention of the Somebody. For no other reason than to obtain the qualities the Somebody possesses. Confidence, Poise and Heart are some of the most desired traits sought after on behalf of a Nobodi. These same qualities are intrinsic to the Somebody. The Somebody knows before he can attract the recognition, admiration and respect of others, he must first cultivate them within himself. And so when the Somebody speaks or voices an opinion, he does so without the approval of anyone who's listening. Why would he? He's self assured in his truth. A Nobodi isn't. A Nobodi's truth is the truth of those outside of himself. And so it's typical for a Nobodi to experience bouts with anger, frustration and depression that are in turn displaced on the very Somebody they strive to be.

What's more, a Nobodi doesn't have many female friends and in some cases will threaten women (*respect DJ Lady Styles) as a means of bolstering his false sense of "inner strength". A Nobodi also resorts to social media gossip and other forms of cyber passive aggressive behavior due in part to his scarce social skills. The Somebody demonstrates empathy towards a Nobodi and does what he can, within reason, to help a Nobodi discover himself.

Nobodi da vinylist, I trust my response to your "Rob Swift Diss" will help you succeed in accomplishing your goal of wracking up more facebook "LIKES" and youtube views. Although I've never mentioned your name in any of my posts regarding the ways I personally feel DJs can progress in their craft. Although you're never a thought in my mind, if I may be candid, I forgot you existed. I'm more than happy to tag you on my page. I can say, without any fear of error, the light I'm shining on you is just what you need to reach the desired 15 minutes of fame you seek.

And the video Rob posted with it https://www.facebook.com/djrobswift/videos/1339631996096419/

Nobodi smashed, some of Rob's stabs sound like cue pointing or copy/paste.

• Like 1

Man Rob swift is not that swift anymore.

I liked his old mixtapes back in the day. Even tho his cuts were not that great back then. Compared to like Babu's Comprehension & Melo d's Turnfable in which which they killed it on the cuts.

I feel like Rob is just a bitter old guy mad at how all the new generation of djs can evolve and pick up on technical scratching quicker.

I kinda lost respect for him from looking at all his online rants and so called knowledge dropping

Hey is this Tenshun from San Diego? What up man! I remember seeing you at battles in SD back in the day, doing stuff with the volume faders around '99 or so.

some of Rob's stabs sound like cue pointing or copy/paste.

I thought EXACTLY the same thing but after seeing the shitstorm, I thought I would be better off keeping my mouth shut. I'm glad somebody thought the same.

• Like 1

Man. That response video/song was really lame. In particular the gunshot part. Really? REALLY? At one point I really had a lot of respect for Rob. Was a big XMen fan in general. When they battled ISP it kinda popped my bubble. Then he seemed to just never do anything relevant again and now this series of rants is really off putting. TBH, if any scratcher is gonna lecture me on "funk" it's gonna be Sinista or MMM. those two dudes seemed to will shit into being. That's funk. Nothing in that response song was funky IMHO. I don't really get the point of Rob's hatin. It's a disservice to his legacy.

• Like 1

Nobodi smashed, some of Rob's stabs sound like cue pointing or copy/paste.

First thing I thought when I heard his reply. I don't know what he's doing.... It could be legit that his stabs are as clean as cue bashing. But it wasn't on video... Nobodi on the other hand, destroyed his set!

Guest broke

some of Rob's stabs sound like cue pointing or copy/paste.

I thought EXACTLY the same thing but after seeing the shitstorm, I thought I would be better off keeping my mouth shut. I'm glad somebody thought the same.

Same here