VIDEO: Analyzing the composition of a classic DJ Swift Rock beat juggle

djmikec

Hi all, thought you might enjoy this!

A common challenge for beat jugglers is how to go about composing their various juggle patterns into an actual routine. In this episode of our "Skratch Snobs" video series, we take a take a detailed, step-by-step look at a classic beat juggle set by DJ Swift Rock.

Studying the dopest shit from the past is a great tool toward creating the dopest shit of the future, so enjoy! We aimed to break it down the way you might see a sports announcer talking about, say, a football replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTvpa3ZvAp0

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks Mike! You don't happen to have the MP3 for that KNT instrumental do you? I remember tracking it down and learning these patterns 5-6 years ago but I've since lost the track

Sorry Vekked, don't have it . I want it too!

I might stoop to ripping this off Youtube and trying it with the vocal version:

Man, really cool video--look forward to seeing more.

Also just wanted to say that this is one of my all time favorite mixtapes. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it. Assuming it's the same Mike C :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks Diggla! Yes, that is (a much younger) me.

Man, really cool video--look forward to seeing more.

Also just wanted to say that this is one of my all time favorite mixtapes. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it. Assuming it's the same Mike C :wub:

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks Mike! You don't happen to have the MP3 for that KNT instrumental do you? I remember tracking it down and learning these patterns 5-6 years ago but I've since lost the track

Sorry Vekked, don't have it . I want it too!

I might stoop to ripping this off Youtube and trying it with the vocal version:

Oh damn, now that you post that I realized it's instrumental at the end, there wasn't a full instrumental released. Thanks!