DV Goblin Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. and the winner is...

• Flexinoodle
    • Rock Well
    • Pete Sasqwax

These are great. Can't really say I like any better than the other so I abstain from voting. Ha!

Flexi's reminds of Luke Vibert/Wagon Christ. Dope!

Rock Well - The bit from about 1:10 is is especially lovely. Wicked sample section and chops.

Pete definitely wins best named track and the atmosphere is sick.

I'm sure you were all really interested to hear that ;)

Edit: No one's voted for Flexi yet so he's getting one from me. Definitely deserves it.

• Like 2

All dope

Flexi-

as usual a suprise..the thing i like most about what you do for these battles is that i never know quite what to expect because each track you make sounds so different to the last one and the latest one is no exception

theres some very melodic stuff happening throughout the track which combined with the glitched out beats works really nicely in my opinion

Rock-

this is really good and the more ive listened to it the more ive noticed the intricate details in the music here...the piano riffs played off against the drums work really well together and the overall track comes accross as really well thought out and executed

i also think it would sound even better with some vocal samples of some sort but it definitely holds its own either way..

its a very good track Rock and hands down my personal favourite of what ive heard of yours so far

Pete-

what can we say about Mr Sasqwax ?..Mr Sasqwax builds the laboratory Mr Sasqwax then proceeds to completely blow up the laboratory...

There is something about the way Pete does stuff and how he 'uses' sound that really intrigues me - again a very cool and unique style that i dont think anyone could replicate if they tried ..i always feel like im listening to some sort of experiment that could explode and self destruct at any second but it never does haha

The abstract against the familiar is how i try to describe it and theres a brilliant quality to Petes productions that i really like where the music is almost unerving at times but that also just happens to be one of the most enjoyable aspects about them for me personally..

This was a tough call to choose a winner here because the standard was high from everyone but my vote goes to Rock Well for this months battle

Really good work all round fellas and hopefully i'll be back in to join you for the next one

• Like 2

Man. Rock's really grabbed me. It has this amazing The Legend of Zelda feel to it.

I really liked the fun and rawness of Flexi's and the moodiness of Pete's but Rock's was what did it for me.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Even though we only ended up with 3 entries for this battle still having trouble picking a winner to vote for :unsure:

Flex - I was loving the glitch out hip hop style that you was bring to the table in this battle. Not only was it refreshing and different to what I normally listen to, but it was also fun to listen to and a real head nodded for sure :)

Rockwell - Loving that piano choppage mate, the way you layered the drums against it was magical. Really solid track all round, can't say a bad word about it but I would love to hear some cuts on it, that would of been the icing on the cake :)

Pete - Atmospherically it was sinister and as moody as fuck, love the way you use, bend and manipulate the sounds to achieve a complete array of pleasurable audio anarchy. You didn't fall to disappoint with this one Pete, it's another dope entry :)

To be honest I would love to give everyone a vote because everyone did a fantastic job :)

My vote has to go to Pete, no Flex.... hang on Rockwell....

Yes Rockwell, no Pete, Yo what about Flex?

Hulk smashes head, oh shut up and switch off brain

My vote goes to Rockwell, congrats mate :8

• Like 1

Please no Dan don't.... don't even think about letting Dan choose the sample material ever please Rockwell ;)

If he does a Lady Gaga sample Flip, I'm doing a Kurt Corbain

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If he does a Lady Gaga sample Flip, I'm doing a Kurt Cobain

Well Psyche -..all I can say is it would be a damn sight better than the Timmy Mallet Christmas album sample challenge that Rock Well is

thinking of lining up for the next battle... :o

You're close (in that I'm selecting from records with nothing I'd call music on them)

That means its going to be either Wham! Spandau Ballet or Culture Club then ..hurrah !

I knew you wouldnt let us down mate.. ;)

Well Psyche -..all I can say is it would be a damn sight better than the Timmy Mallet Christmas album sample challenge that Rock Well is

thinking of lining up for the next battle... :o

The reality is, if you dump Gaga or Timmy Mallet on us, I have more chance of winning (I do win if nobody else enters and still nobody votes for me, right, right ? )

What in the name of Greek buggery are you two deprived twisted individuals trying to do to us?

That's it................................. good bye forever Digital Vertigo

You're close (in that I'm selecting from records with nothing I'd call music on them)

Wait You don't mean....................................

Right switch the internet off permanently I'm done for good

• Like 1