• Flexinoodle
    • Rock Well
    • Danswift
    • Dooban (Forayem)
    • Diggla
    • Psychedelic Schizoprenic

Very Cinematic Orchestra, Dan.

Yeah, its deffo got something of that sort of vibe to it

i really liked the early records they made especially the 'Motion' lp that came out in 99 ish

The track was actually inspired by DJ Foly from here on DV who turned me onto a sample from Herbie Hancock that the Jedi Knights had used which i didnt know was an actual sample and had presumed it was just J Knights playing it on keys and stuff

That got me thinking what if Herbie Hancock and Jedi Knights had a jam together and maybe Return to Forever joined in lol

Im a big fan of 70s Fusion bands in general and this was my attempt at trying to capture that sort of style and i was also attempting to do my best Alphonso Johnson impersonation with the Bassline there.. albeit armed with just a sampler :((

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Like always it's another sample challenge that is tough one to vote for as I like them all, even that big bag of dicks called Gerry's theme (for some strange reason it kind of reminds me of a military graduation ceremony). Going to have to try and narrow it down :unsure:

Btw does anyone know what happened to Fayc?

As usual they are all sooooo damn good.

Holy shit I loved Flexi's! I'm a sucker for a D&B tune!

Rocks was really boss. Great classic feel. Well thought out.

Dan - fucking killer. Love the soundscape feel and your drums are amazing. Reminds me of St. Germain or something with it's baller Mushroom Jazz feel.

Doob! Also great drums. Fucking this like militaristic feel you got going on this track is heet! Fuck this is gonna be a hard one to pick a winner for.

Me - I'll critique my own like a weirdo. It sounds pretty typical for me. Can't program drums so I jack them from a sample library. Chopped up some nice samples but always end up making a collage rather than blending my samples so less depth than I'd like.

I dig the boom bap feel Psy has going on. Very classic.

For me it's neck and neck with Doob, Dan and Flex. I'm leaning towards Doob but have to listen back through.

EDIT: I had to go with Doob. For me the most moving part of electronic music of any genre is unique sounds and Doobs really did it for me with that atmospheric tone and the water running. The vocal sample bits were the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

Like always it's another sample challenge that is tough one to vote for as I like them all, even that big bag of dicks called Gerry's theme (for some strange reason it kind of reminds me of a military graduation ceremony). Going to have to try and narrow it down :unsure:

Btw does anyone know what happened to Fayc?

He been moving house so not been doing stuff recently. Should be back soon though I think.

Thanks Dirka!

But yeah, Dan wrecked this one again.

Im voting for Dj Sizzurp

I mean Dj digglurp

Err..What time is it ??

ive come over all sleepy all of a sudden ..mmm this purple drank sure tastes good.. and that beat is niiice

Anyway im voting for him..

as soon as i get back from the local pharmacy

#trapped

• Like 1

Well at least Doob won't have to do a lap of the pool table with his pants room be his ankles now. If only I could say the same for the rest of us!

Flip a coin to see who goes first? :((

Nice work fellas.

I know Dan is killing it with the votes but I'm gonna have to go with him too. Really lovely combination of sounds and I love the loose, freestyle feel of the arrangement.

Doob and Dirk come a close joint second for me. Doob, hope you don't mind me saying but the 'get down' vocal sample towards the end kinda spoilt it a bit to my ears. Otherwise, really dope track and sounds pro in terms of the mix.

Dirk, the vocal kinda popped out a bit too much at first but overall really dope and a wicked feel to it.

I'll hopefully be in on the next one <_<

• Like 2

Nice work fellas.

I know Dan is killing it with the votes but I'm gonna have to go with him too. Really lovely combination of sounds and I love the loose, freestyle feel of the arrangement.

Doob and Dirk come a close joint second for me. Doob, hope you don't mind me saying but the 'get down' vocal sample towards the end kinda spoilt it a bit to my ears. Otherwise, really dope track and sounds pro in terms of the mix.

Dirk, the vocal kinda popped out a bit too much at first but overall really dope and a wicked feel to it.

I'll hopefully be in on the next one <_<

Haha nah fair do's man, love a bit of constructive criticism too! I kind of just chucked it in last minute and thought "fuck it" but I probably agree tbh. I had some cool looping / stuttering vocal bits in the works but didn't have time to fit them in in the end.

Flex – Dope track and I’m really digging your DNB vibe you have going on, also loving the vocal chops too. Every time I see a fat cat in a bad hat I’m going to think about this song ;)

Rockwell – Really nice job mate, like a said in a previous comment it really reminds me of a funked up military graduation ceremony beat but in a cool hip hop style bad meaning good way. It is certainly missing that classic Rockwell “funk” that I grown to love and admire with your previous entries but it’s still a stellar entry :)

Danswift – Dope stuff and a fantastic entry Dan. I’m Loving the 70s fusion vibe, the choice of samples, the dope loose freestyle band kind of vibe and damn them drums were the icing on the cake. If I closed my eyes it was like I was at a live gig mate :)

D00ban – Really dope stuff and another fantastic entry Doob. I’m Loving the choice of samples, the way you flipped them but damn that atmosphere vibe was killer and plus your drums are always dope as fuck mate :)

DJDiggla – Dirk not only am I digging the trap vibe but I’m secretly loving it. I was looking forward to some crazy moombahton breakdown halfway through while I was slurping purple drank in my styrofoam cup but it never came. Really dope stuff mate, looking forward to hearing more trap beats :)

Mine – Shame I left it till the eleventh hour to try and do something but was pleased with the minimal vibe outcome just using two samples and 3 drum breaks that I chopped and layered to create my drums. Can’t remember the last time I used only the MPC to make a beat but it was really cool to relearn stuff that I forgot I can do :blink: But I really need to get working on this sample flip challenges sooner then leaving it till the last minute

In the end it came of a choice between Dan and Doob but as there was nothing separating them, I really couldn’t decide which one to vote for, so I went for Dirk. But at the end of the day you all deserved a vote in my opinion!

• Like 2