BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Prog Rock

Good work chaps.

Sy - I shall see you tomorrow at Meeting of Styles yeah?

That sounds really good Doob

thats a proper dope jam youre bringing with that mix mate

i really like the sounds that you manage to achieve in your productions as ive said before

I also liked the toughness on the drums too which always sells it for me funnily enough

@ Dooban

Id be interested in knowing what equipment you use if you don't mind me asking ? as your productions always sound really clean and clear like theres no clutter but in a totally cool way

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Unfortunately didn't get time to even get my chops down due to work and personal problems, shame as this was a dope record to sample from. Looking forward to checking out the submissions :)

@ Dooban

Id be interested in knowing what equipment you use if you don't mind me asking ? as your productions always sound really clean and clear like theres no clutter but in a totally cool way

Hey man

Thanks for the kind comments.

I use Ableton dude. I actually started a beat for this one on the SP303 but didn't like it so went back to chopping on Ableton.

• Like 1

Ive never actually used a computer program to make music with but I always hear a lot of good things about Ableton live

I know that my son uses it all the time in the studio at his University

its funny cause i really liked the track that Dirk posted a few battle challenges ago and he was also using it ,its so clever how it enables you to manipulate and warp the samples

maybe ill get to try it for myself one of these days as im seriously thinking of buying a Roland 606 or an MPC of some description

I can't comment much as it's the first and only DAW I've ever used. But yeah, normally if I can think of it, I can do it somehow. It's just the thinking of things which is the hard part sometimes :o

Guest Symatic

i like ableton because it's straightforward, i can work out how to do stuff like i can with photoshop. I used to have a sp404 which i loved but i had to sell cos i needed the cash and i figured ableton can do pretty much all those things...

its just about not getting carried away with everythnig you COULD do just cos it's there, the beauty of all in one boxes for me is that you get creative with the limitations and weird things on that unit, and you build up a process. ableton or any daw can leave you with too many options so you get nowhere, i think its important to use it your way.

but as with the photoshop thing, you learn some processes and techniques and gradually you build up a style, it can be dope. plus i can use my Serato sl3 box as a multichannel interface with it

Bad times for Phology and Joe (especially, hope you get your computer sorted with minimal aggro and expense). I haven't had a chance to get anything together either this month, so it looks like a costly three way. I'll get the vote up tonight, right after work.

Bad times for Phology and Joe (especially, hope you get your computer sorted with minimal aggro and expense). I haven't had a chance to get anything together either this month, so it looks like a costly three way. I'll get the vote up tonight, right after work.

Thanks mate. I've just spent £6 on thermal paste so hopefully that'll be the last of the expense.

I think I'll still finish the track regardless. It was sounding nice from what I remember!