DV Greek Beat Battle/Sample Flip - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Fayc
    • Joe Clockwork
    • Rock Well
    • Psychedelic Schizophrenic
    • d00ban

#1 Fayc..absolute monster track mate,that chopped squiggly melody part wouldnt shift out of my brain for the last 2 days ,you should keep developing this one Fayc as its got some real potential to be

very good indeed..#2 everybody elses mixes,they were all so good I refuse to seperate them ,loved joe clocks machine type theme ,Rocks "call me godfather" and ill spare your life routine..psychs hard dnb vibe and doobs excellent production skills (which I was really impressed with) top work fellas and hats off to you all

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

ohhhhh dope guys! i can't decide yet :) all super high standard!

i think we should release the whole lot as little EP's for each battle :)

• Like 1

^^^Mrs D said exactly the same thing as Sy,(in fact she even considered becoming a member of DV last night just so she could vote for Rock Well lol..until I told her ladies are not allowed on here ! ) but I reckon that each winner of these battles should work on their mixes

to create a completed track and we could put them out as a ltd edition lp at the end of the year,now that would be really cool IMO

Guest Symatic

gotta be fayc, but dope tracks all round!

i really liked the lock stock samples from Psycheadelic and everyone flipped dope parts from the greek record.

skills!

• Like 1

As dooban said in the other feed rockwell did a better job with the sample but sadly hasn't developed it as much as dooban has, Doobs did a sick job with subtle changes but keeping it interesting throughout. To be honest the easiest to listen to throughout and i am including my own in that as i found my own just a beat to rap to and needs some work to make into an instro of its own.

Clockwork - i really like what you did as i said before i would like to hear some 90s synths over it to just fuck it up a bit. All good though.

Schizo - can't fault you mix and talent mate but just not my thing for a battle I'm afraid. I get a kick out of just banging a sample over some drums and seeing what happens which i think the other guys did better. I could never make something like your beat so hats off.

To sum up its out of rock and doobs and simply for the development of the beat and loving the sound of the kick it has to be Dooban.

Yeah again good fun guys. Would like to miss out on the next one to spend some time on other stuff but no doubt the record will kill it and i will be sucked right in.

Till next time.

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Unfortunately due to the ridiculous tightness of all the entries submitted for this battle, I've only managed to narrow it down to 3 entries to vote for so far. At the moment it's neck and neck between these 3 entries with no clear winner, so hopefully within the next 24-48 hours I can narrow it down to one entry to vote for.

i think we should release the whole lot as little EP's for each battle :)

but I reckon that each winner of these battles should work on their mixes
to create a completed track and we could put them out as a ltd edition lp at the end of the year,now that would be really cool IMO

That sounds like a great idea to me Symatic and Danswift. Maybe we could have an end of year post for people to vote for there favourite battle beat of the year to go on a DV battle compilation album or something. Don't think we should limited it to just the winners as some of the entries that haven't won have been super dope IMO.

Schizo - can't fault you mix and talent mate but just not my thing for a battle I'm afraid. I get a kick out of just banging a sample over some drums and seeing what happens which i think the other guys did better. I could never make something like your beat so hats off.

Thanks to everyone that has given me constructive criticism on my entry I really appreciate it. To be perfect honest with you Fayc, I wanted to do a genre that was completely unorthodox to me as I really wanted to get out of my comfort zone regarding beat making. It made a refreshing change to switch it up genre wise and force myself to do creativity something completely different to the usual hip hop style I normally dabble in. It was really cool to think outside the box and let my imagination run completely wild while learning new production techniques at the same time.

Big shout out to Rock Well for the dope LP sample, I'm looking forward to seeing what gem you will unearth for us for the next battle!

• Like 2

Fair play schizo. I am forever trying to make something other than hip hop and I struggle. Spent all night tonight working on something different. Will up it in the near future and let me know what you think.

Looking forward to hearing it Fayc, let yourself go and your be surprised at what you can do mate.

• Like 1

Psych: I like way you said "sod this" and made something completely different to everyone else. I might liked to have heard some more samples from the Greek record but it was still dope.

Rockwell/Dooban: tough one to call. In the end I went for Dooban because I preferred the drums.

Fayc: nice moody groove that makes your head nod as soon as the beat drops. Good for some dark storyteller raps, I reckon.

Took me ages to decide but I went for Doobs in the end because I liked the vibes I got from his track and it stayed stuck in my head for a while. I'd like to hear the end result if you decide to go back in a second time, now that your CPU issue is fixed.

And now it's neck and neck at the top!

Right I think I've made my mind up :unsure:

Joe Clockwork - Really liked how you flip the sample and enjoyed your drums they were very tight mate. I agree with Fayc it would sound cool with a 90s synth vibe going on. The only criticism I have is the hats were a tad loud, felt they kinda overpowered the track slightly as there were kinda harsh when listening through my headphones.

Fayc - Man this is dark, moody and sinister, excellent job mate! Loved the way you flipped the distorted guitars into this and pulled it off big time, it flowed well from start to finish and I couldn't stop my head from nodding. Has the makings off something special especially if you get the right Emcee on the track.

Rock Well - Loved how you flipped the sample in this one Rock Well, just felt D00b did a better job on the drums but this track wouldn't of sounded out of place on The Sopranos mate. I had visions when I was listening to it off Tony Sopranos cruising around New Jersey with this beat playing in the background.

D00ban - Felt that Rock Well flipped the sample better then you but I enjoyed your drums more. Overall a fantastic job mate, shame your PC crapped out at the wrong time but I would love to hear it with the vocal chops to you originally had plan if you decide to go back and redo it at some point in the future.

A bloody excellent job by all the entries just wish I could give you all a vote as it was so tight just to pick one.

My vote goes to Rock Well purely for the Tony Soprano vision :8 - Well done mate

• Like 2

Damn. That was the hardest. I went for D00b but shit it was difficult to pick. All were fantastic to the point where I almost didn't pick at all. Listened over and over. Psychedelic Schizophrenic was very close to getting my vote but I wanted to hear a little more noticeable loop or something. It was crazy tho--listened to Fayc and was like Oh that's the winner. Then every one after was just as dope!

• Like 1

I went for Fayc again - i think thats the 3rd time now! Crushing it with the drums still & I loved the bit where the guitar solo comes in. Rockwell's was really dope too - it was hard to choose a favourite between those two for me.

• Like 1

Top work all round I reckon, it was really hard to decide. Eventually I went for Fayc (a few days ago, but didn't have time to write a post) The big kick/snare drum was dope and I liked the guitars. Actually, til I got sidetracked those were a couple of samples I was planning to use.

Thanks for the kind words and votes on mine. Same for the constructive criticism - I agree that I just needed to take it a bit further, more time and a bit more development and all that would have helped for sure. I might return to it at some point (when I'm not sick to death of hearing it!)

• Like 1

Liked them all.

Prefer rocks to cut too but doobs was very easy on the ear. Pshykz was a booty mover and joes would be cool to cut too as well. Went for doobs though

I'm glad you liked mine to cut to mate. I made the loop that makes up the first 8 bars to go on my next looper I'm working on.

Liked them all.

Prefer rocks to cut too but doobs was very easy on the ear. Pshykz was a booty mover and joes would be cool to cut too as well. Went for doobs though

I'm glad you liked mine to cut to mate. I made the loop that makes up the first 8 bars to go on my next looper I'm working on.

Yeah I thought yours had a dark underbelly to it rock, bIt like a nozl beat. 👍🏽💯

I went for Fayc again - i think thats the 3rd time now! Crushing it with the drums still & I loved the bit where the guitar solo comes in. Rockwell's was really dope too - it was hard to choose a favourite between those two for me.

Cheers man. Only done three battles so you must be a fan. Nice one.

Ps. I'm happy to draw with doob because I think he killed it.

Bring on the next sample yo!

lol i broke the tie. It was a hard choice between Fayc and doobs ,i felt like doobs had a bit more work in it but fayc had a really cool vibe kinda remindered me of RJD2 so i went with him. Top work all round gents.