PS4 vs. Xbox one

watzz

So we got a new 55 inch wall mounted flat screen tv for the living room & can't decide between the two.

I'm going for the new red dead & the wife is starwars battle front they make em both for ps4. Thoughts?

Which console is better?

PS has a larger network which is something to keep in mind since many games are online only now. On the flip side Xbone has committed to both backwards and forwards and cross platform compatibility so the life span of one of their systems and the game library is going to be better. Their interface was also clearly designed to be the media hub for your TV (tv through etc).

EXCLUSIVES

Xbone: Halo, Halo Wars, Titanfall, Cuphead, Gears of War are all great. There are other quality exclusives (Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Ori) but none I really care about.

PS: There are lots but the only one anyone at all gives a shit about is Gran Turismo.

Personally, I like Xbox. I don't like GT and I like shooters. Also still pretty bitter about my PS3 experience (hacked... repeatedly), Sony in general (sueing a minor for cracking their "un-hackable" system), and going to a pay to play online system which TBH was the only reason I had a PS3.

Hope that helps you decide.

• Like 1

Honestly, the emulation just isn't the same and LCDs look kind of ass for games made for low-res RGB monitors. If you want an arcade game, my advice is find that game your really really liked and buy the dedicated version. A lot of those vintage arcade games were built from the ground up specifically for the game. The controls, the sound, etc. are all specific to that game. When you try to hodgepodge all the games into one cabinet it sort of kills all that. If you want to play a whole crap ton of vintage arcade games but don't care about the screen or controls you can get MAME for free on you computer and buy a joystick/spinner/whathaveyou. Way cheaper.

• Like 1

I used to think Xbox was better (still prefer the controller) but would probably get a PS4 this generation, coz all my mates have one. That's not because I'm a sheep or any thing but obviously it's more fun to play with your mates.

I think there are more PS4 exclusive than just Gran Turismo these days too Dirka, not that I know what they are coz I don't have one. The Last of Us being an example I guess.

• Like 1

I will make this into a true gaming thread by recommending you simply buy a top end PC instead. Or a Switch.

FLOLOLOL A top end gaming PC or a Switch. I fucking love it. And I vote for the Switch.

Shit I forgot about my long term dream of a modern arcade emulator cabinet thing. Been distracted by NES and SNES classics.

Build an Arkeg!

kegerator_arkeg1.jpg

• Like 1

I used to think Xbox was better (still prefer the controller) but would probably get a PS4 this generation, coz all my mates have one. That's not because I'm a sheep or any thing but obviously it's more fun to play with your mates.

I think there are more PS4 exclusive than just Gran Turismo these days too Dirka, not that I know what they are coz I don't have one. The Last of Us being an example I guess.

Oh yeah there are loads. None that are worth buying the system for tho... except for GT. All the rest are pretty blah or straight up crap. But if exclusives are the reason alone then of course Nintendo will always rule. Best exclusives.

Power-wise the PS4 is quite a bit more powerful than the One S, but the One X is quite a bit more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

The One S and X both have UHD Blu-Ray players, while the PS4 and PS4 Pro only have regular Blu-Ray players.

The PS4 has more exclusives, and going forward, the Xbox isn't really going to get any true exclusives - they're all either timed or console exclusives. Sony definitely invest more in their studios than MS do with theirs.

The One plays loads of Xbox 360 games and a handful of original Xbox games, with more added each month, so if you have games for those older systems you'll be able to play some of them on the One without having to pay again. Sony have a game streaming service that allows you to play backwards compatible games, but you have to pay for it.

I don't think there's a great deal that separates the online services these days in terms of important features. Both require a fee to play online, but both give you a handful of "free" games per month as part of your subscription. The One has EA Access and Game Pass, subscription services that give you access to a whole bunch of full games for a few quid a month - long term rentals, basically.

If you're a big online gamer, I'd go with what d00b said and get the one that most of your friends have, unless there's particular exclusives/features that sway you heavily in one direction.

• Like 2

The Switch still rules for gaming in the same room by the way. Me and my mates get together every now and again for a lil sesh and they're always wicked. Arms is a really cool game. Last time we were playing Overcooked as well which is really funny, think that's on all platforms too so you should check it.

• Like 1

The Switch still rules for gaming in the same room by the way. Me and my mates get together every now and again for a lil sesh and they're always wicked. Arms is a really cool game. Last time we were playing Overcooked as well which is really funny, think that's on all platforms too so you should check it.

You played Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time?

Whenever someone comes over we end up playing that till morning. So fun.

• 1 month later...

i just picked up a xbox one for my kids. main reason is the backwards compatibility. they already have a 360 and all the new games they want are on the xbone. I say fuck it, get both. my wife and i like playing ratchet and clank, which is a PS exclusive. But i'm interested in cuphead which is on xb. I stopped buying new consoles and games years ago. used and refurbs are the way to go. right now we have: 3 PS1, PS2, PS3, xb360, xb one, sega genesis flash back, and 2 wii's. im looking into getting one of those rasberry pi's to play retro joints. in about a year or two, i'll pick up a switch.

• Like 2