"Modding" a Vestax Pro06

I just got my hands on a pre-owned pro06A! Works like a charm too! I'm pretty excited about this.

1 reason being nostalgia... this was the first mixer model/brand that I owned when I got started in scratching.

The other reason is that I want to clean it up, give it a facelift, add new faders, new knobs..

Wondering if anybody here had any other ideas or what I should look into?

Is there anything to make the fader banging quieter? I forgot how metal this mixer sounds! \m/ :8 \m/

*edit* tried changing topic title to "Upgrading" instead of "Modding"... oh well.

Guest Symatic

yeah you can add rubber or silicone washers to the faders rails to make them queter. or ghetto-tech style glue some slices of an eraser to the inside walls of the fader, between the rails, which will act as a bumper against the fader carriadge.

if its an 06 VCA the circuitry is already there for you to drill a hole in the front and add a cue/master switch for the headphones.

http://www.brimstoneproductions.com/06_VCA_Mod.html

and there is a relatively easy way to do that with the non-vca versions but i cant remmeber where the link is.

I've got some 3" rack handles to add to the front of mine which will protect the bottom panel's controls if i stick it in a bag, then i need some sort of decksaver for it and itll be nice and transportable.

Hey rasteri - how difficult would it be to add an effects loop to an 06? one that workd like the rane56's FX loop.....

Guest rasteri

Yeah there was a guide to doing a master/cue switch mod on an 06ProA but I can't find it now. I did it on half a dozen 06s so it def works... anyone have a copy of the instructions?

• Like 1

i got lucky and picked up an 06 last summer for 200 bucks... threw a focus fader V1 in it... Done!

glad i was able to find one locally cause it helped me complete the OG vestax mixer collection... 05, 06, 07, 08.

• Like 1

You can open the fader up and stick some rubber washers in if there aren't any already. Or just replace it with a Pro-X-Fade or innofader.

New knobs can be got from http://coolorcaps.com/

Coolorcaps responded with "Only 'D' styles shaft not round splined posts, faders will work" re: knobs & faders..

Can anyone decipher?

You can open the fader up and stick some rubber washers in if there aren't any already. Or just replace it with a Pro-X-Fade or innofader.

New knobs can be got from http://coolorcaps.com/

Coolorcaps responded with "Only 'D' styles shaft not round splined posts, faders will work" re: knobs & faders..

Can anyone decipher?

Not to throw the D around too much, but that means if you look that shaft from the top it will be the shape of a "D". Ay to the izzo.

Guest rasteri

And here sme info about 05 (with illustrations) that maybe could be useful for 06

http://www.reinhard.de/vestax/

The master/cue mod on reinhard.de is a bit silly, it requires a special 4PDT switch which are kinda rare and expensive. You could do the same mod with a DPDT switch easily.

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

teach me/us

Well that mod relies on replacing the ch1/ch2 outputs with the master signal before they get mixed into the headphone output. The "correct" (IMO) way to do it, as detailed on the site Eric posted, switches the cue and master signals AFTER CH1/CH2 are mixed.

• Like 1