Q-Bert and SKRATCHLORDS

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

You probably saw this on fassbook but anyway....

SKRATCHLORDS are supporting QBert on 2nd April in Brighton!

Patterns
10 Marine Parade, BN2 1TL Brighton
tickets from:
www.seetickets.com

you know what to do!

• Like 3

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Oh, why don't the scratchlords just marry Qbert if their members are going to do so many gigs with him!

JK/ This is orsum! Will defo try and make.

This'll be ultra gig year what with London Posse playing the Jaze(Mag) Cafe (which me and ed are going to).

Guest Symatic

Im recording it mostly with my brain, eyes and ears. And my nostrils to a certain extent.....

And im comin from bristol and im at work next day....

"Brighton on a sunday" jeeeehhhz! Londoners eh

Guest Symatic

"Brighton on a sunday" jeeeehhhz! Londoners eh

Indeed it's hard work. Ended up getting a hotel with my missus, yaaay fun times.

In the wise words of ray wingnut "fair fucks to yous"

There's gwan be mad dudes up in that piece, top lord rocking it! Me, Tedward and Gav are coming too, ooooh.

.........IT! That was an awesome warm up for Galway. T'WAS GUD!

Ha! Having seen a few similar shots where QBert's done gigs in the States, I think this photo nicely sums up the difference between the US and U.K. scratch scenes.

US djs are of Asain origin whilst UK scratchs are all honkies? Silly screwface vs silly scratchface? Short as funk vs slightly tall-ish?

.........IT! That was an awesome warm up for Galway. T'WAS GUD!

Ha! Having seen a few similar shots where QBert's done gigs in the States, I think this photo nicely sums up the difference between the US and U.K. scratch scenes.

US djs are of Asain origin whilst UK scratchs are all honkies? Silly screwface vs silly scratchface? Short as funk vs slightly tall-ish?

He must be talking about the beards I guess.... Except for Sy... wHo's just... You know....

Ah yes, the US don't have a hereditary peerage system. Ergo they can't have Lords!
  • Like 2

Definitely UK AND Ireland - I stand fully corrected on that!

Otherwise I was merely suggesting that when I see photos of fans or support acts with somebody like QBert in the US, they all look deadly serious and like they might've been practicing at home in the mirror first. Over here, silly faces rule.

Of course it's not just about where you come from, but I do think the scene over here benefits from at lot of DJs who take performance very seriously but all the fluff around it, less so. Actually, apart from the immense talent they had, what always made the Piklz stand out for me back in the day was the general goofing around and overall impression that they were have a really good time whilst they were casually slaying everyone.

• Like 1

Actually, apart from the immense talent they had, what always made the Piklz stand out for me back in the day was the general goofing around and overall impression that they were have a really good time whilst they were casually slaying everyone.

Funny you should say that, I had a housemate at uni who wasn't the slightest bit interested in scratching, in fact he probably hated it, but me coming home with a new Turntable TV was always the highlight of his week!

• Like 1