And the winner(s) of the combined beat and scratch battle are...

DJ Rock Well

On the cuts, Dubba Dutch!

And by default, on the beat... err... this is slightly embarrassing... me!

Now I feel a bit like a spoilt kid at his birthday party where all the games are rigged so he can win :$.

But seriously, all the credit on this really has to go to Paul/Dubba Dutch. He's been working like a mother over the last 2-3 years on many different forms of tablism and his skills just keep on growing. Plus, he really went in on standing out from the crowd, which when standards are so high all round these days is more important than ever IMO. Anyway, my preferences aside, the voting and general scratchernet response speak for themselves!

DJ Dubba Dutch! (making me look good for years :d )

Nice one to everybody who took part in this, it was just off the cuff for fun but the response was great.

More battles coming soon - the regular sample flip beat battles will keep rolling, this format will definitely return and I've got a couple of other different scratch and beat ideas I'm working on too.

• Like 8

Yep, after watching them all back-to-back Dubba was the one that stood out the most to me by a nice wide margin. He put in the effort for an all-around dope and musical entry. After him the decision became a LOT harder for me. There were also guys who somehow got no votes but who had really dope entries. Congrats dood.

• Like 3

Guest Symatic

fucking murdered it!

well done man! I feel bad i didnt vote for my scratchlord brethren but you kicked ass anyway :)

goodies on their way to you and matt ASAP (matt the beat is a fucking killer by the way, i find my self cutting the shit out of it pretty regularly)

• Like 2

congrats to dubba you def killed it man!

looking forward to more battles here in the future, its been fun for sure and you all inspire me with these crazy vids.

good luck to everyone in their future projects!

• Like 3

Bigups to all for the great turn out on this battle, so much heat on both the beat and cuts entries!

Really dug the concept, ultimately I was always gonna select my fellow Rye townsman beat, which to be fair I really fucking like, but once the other beats started to roll in I definitely felt the pressure, as much as I really love rolling a fat one and cutting to Matts beat its obviously not the best for showing off tech/battle mode ish. Hence I really wanted to go in on the spirit of the concept laid out by Matt and go for a song vibe to complement the beat as much as I can.

The eve I set aside to record was robbed from me so I only had a few takes, wanted to do more - get a bit more tech involved and try make the end finish as strong as the start, hence Im even more pleased that my entry of a more simple vibe with a focus on phrasing and simple'ish yet musical cuts captured the majority vote.

Also really interesting to see how others voted..... IMO high lights how once a certain level is hit taste will dictate ones selection.

But yeah, that completes a 3 time undefeated run team RockWell & Dubbadutch has won a DV battle ting, jus sayin x :)

zpCmzl9.png

• Like 5

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Wooo, this contest was so rig like that it fell onto Curtis Mayfield and made him disabled. ;)

Hey, tho, see, Sy didn't vote for you either.

Paul was, probably justifiably, annoyed that I voted randomly by shutting my eyes again. Gotta be fair yoo nah bhey and he was gonna win anyway!

Congrats!

• Like 3

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Congrats to Dubba and Rockwell on the well deserved win :8

Big shout out to everyone that took part it was super dope fun, looking forward to the next beat/scratch battle :8

• Like 4