A couple of weirditudes about the board

doppelkorn

1. The slowness and downtime we saw a few months back has now almost completely gone for me

2. On most threads when I click on them they go straight to my last unread post which is helpful becasue I don't have to scroll down to the bottom but on some threads it always goes to the top of the thread.

3. How often is the shoutbox cleared becasue sometimes stuff stays on there for like 24 hours, if it's a Sunday say, and someone posts something on Sat night but sometimes stuff seems to get wiped quickly.

4. On the mobile version the shoutbox doesn't work (OK on the proper mobile version there is not shoutbox) but on the "full version" viewed on Android the shoutbox is present but unscrollabel and unpostable

5. On mobile peoples avatars are replaced by their profile pics for some reason.

Anyone else getting things like this?

1. Good! The slowness and downtime was entirely server related and out of our hands.

2. That's probably a cookie issue, but you can go to the last post in a thread by clicking the date in the "Last post info" column.

3. The shoutbox is cleared manually, so basically it's whenever I decide to do it.

4. That's probably related to the code used to make the shoutbox function being incompatible with whichever browser you're using on your phone.

5. That is by design, although I don't know why they chose to do that. I'll have a look later to see if I can find the code and I should be able to switch it to displaying avatars instead of profile pictures.

One thing that's stopped working for me recently is the speech bubbles to the left of the forum categories. They turn black if there's new posts/threads in a section, but if you read those post/threads, the speech bubble next to that section should turn back to grey, but that no longer works for me for some reason. I think it must be a recent upgrade of Opera that's fucked it up.